Last class our teacher of language, Pilar, asked us to make a summary about the story we read call “Eleven” and also to invent the cover of this story.
Here is my summary and my cover:
- Rachel is turning to eleven but she feels she is 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2 and 1
- She had a theory that said that life is like an onion, each year inside the other
- She wanted to be 102 to knew what to said to Mrs Price when she made her put the sweater
- Mrs Price forced her to put on the ugly sweater
- Because she is very sensitive and vulnerable she started crying as if she was three
The story “Eleven” by Sandra Cisneros, deals with a girl called Rachel who is turning to eleven, although she still feels she is 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2 and 1 year old. At the beginning of the story she confess to us that when her birthday arrives she doesn’t feel that she is older she feels she’s still ten. She has a theory that says that the rings inside an onion are like our lives, each year inside the other.
Rachel wishes she was older to know what to answer to her math teacher when she gave her an ugly red sweater. Mrs Price, Rachel’s teacher gave her a red, old, raggedy and smelly sweater and forced her to put it on. This moment of the story shows us how sensitive and vulnerable Rachel is because when she has to put the sweater on, she started crying as if she was 3 years old. Although she knew her parents were waiting for her at home with a enormous and lovely birthday cake she still wishes to be 102.