Pato, our literature teacher gave us a task. The task consisted on searching on internet some questions that she copy on the black board before start reading our new book The view form the bridge.
Here are the questions and the answers:
– Important facts about Arthur Miller
- His parents were Jewish immigrants from Poland.
- He began writing plays when he was a student in the university of Michigan
- His writing was influence because he lived in both wars.
- He had Italian friends and co- workers
- He wrote many plays most of them were set in America
– When was it written?
The book was written in 1955 and published on September 29th 1955.
– Historical and social context
The play was inspired by his Italian friends who told him stories about Italian immigrants who were betrayed when they tried to go illegally to USA to find a job and a better life, some of them escaped from the mob and other from the poverty WW2 had brought to Italy.